Plastic Overshoot Day falls on July 28th, signifying the moment when the volume of plastic waste generated surpasses the world’s capacity to manage it.
In observance of this significant date, Plastic Overshoot Day has organized a compelling webinar that aimed to explore the scientific nuances underpinning this event and to feature insights from individuals actively engaged in advancing the date of this occurrence.
- Sarah Perreard, Co-CEO and stakeholder engagement at EA – Earth Action
- John Duncan, Global Initiative Lead: no Plastics in Nature at WWF
- Sharona Shnayder, Founder of Tuesday for Trash and Ambassord at One Yound World
- Lakshmi Menon, Head of Impact at CleanHub
- Jo Morley, Head of Marketing and Campaigns at City to Sea
- Marta Muslin, National Coordinator at Indonesian Waste Platform
- Jacob Johnson Attakpah, Project Coordinator at Green Africa Youth Organization (GAYO)
The Webinar was moderated by Lucy Siegle, renowned for her pioneering journalism on climate change, fast fashion, and plastic waste.